Handle HR with confidence!
New to Human Resources (HR) in the UAE or need a refresher? The “HR Fundamentals for the UAE” programme gets you up to speed quickly and contribute to your company’s success.
Who should attend?
This programme is introducing new or less experienced HR executives to the different facets of HR. It is also suitable for people who have been out of HR for some time and are looking to refresh their knowledge.
What are the objectives?
Upon completion of the programme, you will have the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Differentiate between the core functions in HR
- Build your knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- Enhance your support delivery to boost business results
- Position yourself as a partner for your business
- Apply your newly learnt knowledge in interactive sessions and activities and in your organisation
- Understand the fundamentals to perform your HR responsibilities successfully.
What we cover?
Over 2 interactive and hands-on days, you will gain practical knowledge about HR and the organisation’s goals and objectives. You develop your confidence to become a trusted HR professional supporting your company through the various HR functions, initiatives and processes.
The programme includes the following modules:
- HR fundamentals
- What is HR?
- HR operating models and key activities
- Strategic HR
- Aligning the organisation’s and HR’s strategies
- Leading change with HR analytics
- Measuring the impact with HR scorecards
- Strategic HR planning
- Talent acquisition
- Identifying the recruitment needs
- Writing compelling job descriptions
- Attracting qualified candidates through the right channels
- Screening, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Issuing and negotiating the offer
- Onboarding the new hire
- Total rewards
- Performing fair and analytical job evaluations
- Designing an employee grading structure
- Providing statutory benefits
- Defining the appropriate total rewards mix for your company
- Utilising total rewards to recognise and reward employees
- Learning and development
- Identifying training needs
- Selecting knowledge providers
- Evaluating training
- Identifying high potential
- Developing for internal succession
- Performance management
- The performance cycle
- Setting goals and objectives
- Evaluating performance
- Providing regular feedback
- Conducting performance discussions
- Employment law
- Fundamentals of the local labour laws
- Managing discipline and grievances
- Terminating employment agreements
- Calculating end of service benefits
This course has ended. Please contact us to find out about future dates.