Leading and engaging your team
The “Human Resources (HR) for Line Managers” programme provides line managers with important HR concepts and equips them with practical approaches for motivating and engaging teams. It will also focus on the employment law framework affecting areas such as talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, disciplinary and grievances, terminations and more.
Who should attend?
This programme is designed all line managers, whether recently promoted or in the role for a while and looking to refresh their knowledge.
What are the objectives?
Upon completion of the programme, you will have the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Deliver the HR responsibilities of a line manager
- Effectively manage recruitment, onboarding and disciplinary while proactively evaluating training needs and conducting objective performance and feedback sessions
- Understand the impact and extend of employment legislation in the workplace
- Approach challenging or sensitive situations in a confident, fair and legally defensive manner
- Recognise team member’s working style and apply engaging motivators
What we cover?
Over one day, you will participate in interactive and hands-on exercises gaining an overview of the employment legislation impacting your work environment. You will develop your HR knowledge affecting people management and increase your confidence to handle challenging or sensitive situations.
The programme includes the following modules:
- Human Resources (HR) and line managers
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Employment law
- Principles of UAE employment law
- Hiring employees
- Specifying the recruitment needs
- Attracting qualified candidates through the right channels
- Screening, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Issuing and negotiating the offer
- Onboarding the new hire
- Leading and motivating employees
- Building trusting relationships
- Creating commitment and accountability
- Motivating and engaging employees
- Developing employees
- Identifying training needs
- Catering for individual learning styles and experiences
- Evaluating training
- Recognising high potential
- Developing for internal succession
- Evaluating employee performance
- Setting goals and objectives
- Providing continuous feedback
- Conducting effective performance discussions
- Managing challenging performance situations
- Recognising and rewarding performance
- Disciplining employees
- Legal requirements for disciplinary and grievances
- Applying best practices
- Terminating employment agreements
- Reasons for notice
- Avoiding costly dismissals
- Preparing for a smooth exit
This course has ended. Please contact us to find out about future dates.